Monday, March 11, 2013

So Much To Tell!


Monday March 11, 2013

Happy Birthday to the best mom in the entire world!  I love you so very much and wish I could be with you today to celebrate.

Sunday March 10, 2013

Today we started off with a quick stop at Mossel Bay.  Below is a photo taken at Dolphin’s point…

Shortly after Mossel Bay, we departed for Botlierskop, a game park along the Garden Route.  We took a 3 hour safari through their massive park.  I can’t begin to describe the beauty we saw.  If only photos could capture the serenity of the landscape…













Saturday March 9, 2013

What a thrilling day… Literally.


Saturday began with a trip to Tsitsikamma for zip lining through the jungle.  Although the weather was a bit overcast and rainy here-and-there, it happened to be perfect for zip lining… Kept the jungle nice and cool.


After zip lining we took off for Bloukrans Bridge, the worlds highest bungy jump at 216m.  Would you believe my first bungy jump happened to be off the world’s highest option?  It was absolutely THRILLING!  An insane experience I would gladly do again.  I will have to show you all my video when I get back to Omaha.  Here’s a sneak peak…













After all the adrenaline-filled morning activities, we started the afternoon off with a visit to Knysna Elephant Park.  African Elephants are so darling and beautiful.




To end our day, we took a sunset cruise on the The John Benn overlooking such gorgeous scenery…


Friday March 8, 2013

We started our Garden Route tour off around 5am.

The first stop of our weekend long tour was the Cango Caves.  They were pretty beautiful and challenging at the same time.  We didn’t know our tour guides signed us up for the “Adventurous Tour” which included crawling, squeezing, and good arm strength (ya I was sore) to get through to the end.


After Cango Caves, we hit the road for the Ostrich Farm.  Never in a million years would I have put this on the list, but it was pretty incredible.  When again in my life can I ever say I rode an ostrich?

We ended Friday with a delicious dinner at Blue Olive. Would you believe I ordered fish for dinner?!  Anyone who has shared any sort of meal with me knows this would NEVER happen in the States. 

Anyhow, it was a wonderful Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment